Notifications
Clear all

1932 kingpin reamer

Kevin Ray
(@kevin-ray)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

Trying to find a reamer so I can put my front end back together. Anyone know we’re to get one Thanks. The old site had so much participation, I don’t see site site making it. Not user friendly , Loved the old one. Thanks for any help

Tiny
 Tiny
(@tiny)
Hall Monitor Moderator

Glad you made the trip over Kevin. Participation is growing. I hope you find the tool you need.

7046 old site posts
Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet
1938 Master Business Coupe
1953 210 Sedan

ReplyQuote
David Dunton
(@david-dunton)
Active Member Registered

Kevin,

I watched ebay and found one for the 29 and 31. If 32 is the same I can check the size and let you know.

Dave

ReplyQuote
Kevin Ray
(@kevin-ray)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  
  • @david-dunton Thanks really love the other board and participation. Hope this site will catch on. Instructions says .005 bigger then pin. Pin is .732 . So I’ve been looking for a .737 pilot reamer about 10 inches long. 

ReplyQuote
Tiny
 Tiny
(@tiny)
Hall Monitor Moderator

If you have a spring and axle shop in your area they will have everything you need and could have it done for you in no time. Yes, it'll be a bit more money but much quicker and possibly better since that's what they do for a living.

7046 old site posts
Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet
1938 Master Business Coupe
1953 210 Sedan

ReplyQuote
David Dunton
(@david-dunton)
Active Member Registered

Here is a picture and it looks like 29-33 and .736. Tiny has a good suggestion but I could not find anyone willing to do it so I did it myself. 

Dave

king pin reamer

ReplyQuote
Kevin Ray
(@kevin-ray)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

@david-dunton Thanks Dave. Bought one tonight. I think I’m on the right track. Thanks for the help. I have 2 cars to do and try to do all I can myself with advise and help from friends.

IMG 5252
IMG 5253

ReplyQuote
(@anthony-williamson)
Member Moderator

Even after reaming you may have to lightly hone the bushes to do the final finish. I use adjustable reamers and only go to a very tight pin fit then hone for the final fit, never used a exact size reamer to compare the fit.

Tony

Kevin Ray reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: