1937 chevy Truck Be...

Notifications
Clear all

1937 chevy Truck Bed Wood Blocks Dimensions

(@cochinapatina36)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

Hello, I'm hoping someone can help me out. I'm toying with the idea of replacing the bed wood blocks on my 37 truck with steel square tubing pieces. For longevity.

Does anyone have the exact dimensions of all the wood block pieces for mounting the bed?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

(@anthony-williamson)
Member Moderator

I am not sure about US built trucks but the Aus built trucks were delivered to the dealer as chassis & cab, the box or tray was arranged by the buyer at the time of sale so the size of material would depend on the body builders choice.

Tony

ReplyQuote
(@cochinapatina36)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

There are wood blocks that have dimensions that were standard for any completed truck from factory 

ReplyQuote
Tiny
 Tiny
(@tiny)
Hall Monitor Moderator

You might message 35Mike. He has a lot of general knowledge about trucks and might be able to help.

7046 old site posts
Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet
1938 Master Business Coupe
1953 210 Sedan

ReplyQuote
35mike
(@35mike)
Eminent Member Registered

I don't make any wood parts. I make two different cab mounting kits that cover 1931 through 1938. I think all the  major vendors have the wood block kits. Given the way we use our old trucks these days, I would not think durability would be an issue. If you have an original bed, fenders, and running boards, there should be only one size spacer block that makes everything line up. Good luck with your project.

Mike

Many Miles of Happy Motoring
3469 Posts on Old VCCA Chat

ReplyQuote
Share: