1940 KC 1/2 Ton Par...

Notifications
Clear all

1940 KC 1/2 Ton Parking Brake Handle Part

Nick Gurin
(@nicholas-gurin)
Eminent Member Registered
Topic starter  

When I acquired my truck, it had a bolt that was obviously incorrect acting as the attachment for the clevis at the forward end of the parking brake rod.

I have taken a photo of what I have and believe that it is pretty obvious which part is the one in question.

I am looking for the part or the name or description or part number for the part that should be where the modern shiny bolt is in the photo.

Thanks for your help!

1940 Chevy KC Parking Brake

Nick Gurin
Taos, New Mexico
1940 KC 1/2 Ton Pickup

(@anthony-williamson)
Member Moderator

I am not saying mine is correct but it has a pin with a split pin through that also holds the intermediated ebrake rod, I havent learnt to transfer photos yet as mine is apart at the moment. Yours also appears to be missing the spring that holds the paul onto the ratchet, there is 1 at the release handle pivot and maybe at the paul as well.

Tony 

Nick Gurin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mike-rabaut)

Try these pictures... The pictures on the left and right shows the pin coming through ....apparently I forgot to put in the safety pin...  Wouldn't have caught it if it wasn't for your question.   Ill take another pic when I replace the pin.  

IMG 1833
IMG 1835
IMG 1834

Nick Gurin reacted
ReplyQuote
Nick Gurin
(@nicholas-gurin)
Topic starter  

My guess then, for my purposes I probably should be able to find a pin at a an auto parts house that would work and not worry about a specific design for a replacement.

Thanks!

Nick

Nick Gurin
Taos, New Mexico
1940 KC 1/2 Ton Pickup

ReplyQuote
(@mike-rabaut)

Or you could find a rivit, flaten the head out a bit, and drillma hole for the safety pin...

Mike

Nick Gurin reacted
ReplyQuote
Tiny
 Tiny
(@tiny)
Hall Monitor Moderator

It looks like a short clevis pin. Any hardware store should have them. Our Ace has a selection of pins.

7046 old site posts
Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet
1938 Master Business Coupe
1953 210 Sedan

Nick Gurin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mike-rabaut)

Clevis pin, that's the name I was looking for 🤣🤣🤣

Mike

Nick Gurin reacted
ReplyQuote