Clear all

New website

Page 1 / 3

Pete
 Pete
(@bare-feet)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

With this new site, it appears that my old username no longer shows, and it says I have zero posts.  Are we all starting out as new members now?

Change is bad.

29 coupe
687 old site posts

Ed Osier reacted
(@anthony-williamson)
Member Moderator

There are a few differences that may take some getting used to. I wasnt fully convinced a change was needed and I am still finding my way around.

Tony

Ed Osier reacted
ReplyQuote
Tiny
 Tiny
(@tiny)
Hall Monitor Moderator

Posted by: @bare-feet

With this new site, it appears that my old username no longer shows, and it says I have zero posts.  Are we all starting out as new members now?

Change is bad.

It IS different but gets easier the longer you're here. You can edit your account to show any user name you wish. Some were having trouble with being able to edit their info but hopefully that's fixed now. There are two ways to edit your account info. One, toward the top of the page is a button that says My Profile with a down arrow. Hover over that button and a context menu drops down. One of the menu choices is Account. Click that and make the changes you wish then save it with the Save button at the bottom of the page. You can change your user name and your "nickname" (the bit that shows just below your user name when posting) among other things.

7046 old site posts
Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet
1938 Master Business Coupe
1953 210 Sedan

Pete reacted
ReplyQuote
Olsarge
(@olsarge)
Active Member Registered

What is the second way to make changes. I don't see "My Profile" on the top of any page. I clicked on "Member Dashboard" and found "Profile". I was able to add a vehicle. However, I can't edit or delete vehicles. I see nowhere that I can add an avatar or signature. I've tried over and over. I don't see anything like you're talking about. I'm trying to do this on my phone. Do I need to use the computer. Getting a little frustrated. 

Life's Too Short To Drive An Ugly Car
1932 5-Window Coupe, 1955 BelAir hardtop, 1955 Task Force stepside, 1956 Nomad, 1959 Apache stepside, 1964 Malibu SS Convertible, 1966 Corvette Stingray Convertible, 2012 Corvette Grand Sport 4LT Coupe

ReplyQuote
Peter Gariepy
(@p-gariepy)
Member Admin

James,

It's a little more complicated on a small screen. Find the forum menu gray bar dropdown here:

IMG 7932

VCCA Member Services
memberservices@vcca.org
708-455-8222

ReplyQuote
Pete
 Pete
(@bare-feet)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

@p-gariepy I got to my profile, but it only shows my name and registered.

29 coupe
687 old site posts

ReplyQuote
Pete
 Pete
(@bare-feet)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

I hate to be starting from scratch.  My fear is that some of the members who have helped me with my car over the tears may no longer be available.  Some may not want to bother with learning all over.

Thanks, Bare Feet

29 coupe
687 old site posts

ReplyQuote
Peter Gariepy
(@p-gariepy)
Member Admin

@p-gariepy I got to my profile, but it only shows my name and registered.

See below.

IMG 7933

VCCA Member Services
memberservices@vcca.org
708-455-8222

ReplyQuote
Peter Gariepy
(@p-gariepy)
Member Admin

I hate to be starting from scratch.  My fear is that some of the members who have helped me with my car over the tears may no longer be available.  Some may not want to bother with learning all over.

Thanks, Bare Feet

Charge and progress don't slow down unfortunately.  By creating this new forum AND maintaining the old forum, I think we get the best of both worlds. The old forum is using antiquated technology and will eventually break for good and be gone. Better to start with this new forum now than later.

VCCA Member Services
memberservices@vcca.org
708-455-8222

ReplyQuote
(@ed-osier)
Active Member Registered

@anthony-williamson I had trouble getting signed in . Peter helped me, Thanks Peter. I am now in but I don't know how to post a new topic. Sorry If this is in the wrong place but I can only figure out how to reply, not post a new subject???

ReplyQuote
Peter Gariepy
(@p-gariepy)
Member Admin

Posted by: @ed-osier

@anthony-williamson I had trouble getting signed in . Peter helped me, Thanks Peter. I am now in but I don't know how to post a new topic. Sorry If this is in the wrong place but I can only figure out how to reply, not post a new subject???

Go into the forum you want to start a topic in First, then click the "Add Topic" button. (top right)

Screenshot 2024 04 02 at 12.51.40 PM

VCCA Member Services
memberservices@vcca.org
708-455-8222

ReplyQuote
(@ed-osier)
Active Member Registered

@p-gariepy 

I think I may be getting it figured out, thanks for your help Peter!

ReplyQuote
35mike
(@35mike)
Eminent Member Registered

I went to the vehicle roster and when I found my car listed, I was listed as 35mike instead of Mike Russell. All this is wearing me down. I don't know how much longer I can keep at it.

Mike

Many Miles of Happy Motoring
3469 Posts on Old VCCA Chat

ReplyQuote
Tiny
 Tiny
(@tiny)
Hall Monitor Moderator

Posted by: @35mike

I went to the vehicle roster and when I found my car listed, I was listed as 35mike instead of Mike Russell. All this is wearing me down. I don't know how much longer I can keep at it.

Mike

Mine says Tiny instead of my name also. If you click on it, it takes you to your vehicle page where your real name should be listed. Mine is. It seems that when we set our "Display" name in Chat, it also uses that name club site wide instead of just the forums. It would be nice if that could be changed.

7046 old site posts
Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet
1938 Master Business Coupe
1953 210 Sedan

ReplyQuote
Peter Gariepy
(@p-gariepy)
Member Admin

I see the issue and working to resolve it.   Thanks for your patience.

VCCA Member Services
memberservices@vcca.org
708-455-8222

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3
Share: