Sons might be hooke...

Notifications
Clear all

Sons might be hooked on the hobby

Mr87Monty
(@timothy-kruger)
Trusted Member Registered
Topic starter  

Told my oldest that I ordered a set of various pop-rivets and a ratcheting Wera screwdriver.  He was excited to know if there were any projects for the rivets beyond the convertible top we are working on and actually looking forward to using a new screwdriver.  

I made the comment that I would like a specific car when we saw one for sale.  After mentioning upgrading the Monte Carlo was told by my youngest that we cannot sell it under any circumstances.  I bought that car when he just turned 5.  Apparently he cannot remember not owning it.  

Never really gave it a thought that they were hooked this much.  We have been working on the 41 Chevy together since 2018.  

I hope that if they want to get into this hobby in the future there can be an reasonable entry point.  I was lucky in that with the Monte Carlo I started with a car that parts were common and used in several different vehicles.  Entry cost was not that high.  It was in drivable shape from the start.  Parts were also pletiful since GM made so many G-Body cars and 4.3 engines.    

Hilton, New York
1941 Chevrolet Master Deluxe
1987 Monte Carlo LS
2001 Chrysler Sebring Convertible

Tiny
 Tiny
(@tiny)
Hall Monitor Moderator

Sounds like the bug has bit. 😀

7046 old site posts
Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet
1938 Master Business Coupe
1953 210 Sedan

ReplyQuote
35mike
(@35mike)
Eminent Member Registered

That's my son, Sam, helping me change oil in the Chevy Citation. He just turned 45. Note matching bibs and boots. Gotta start them early.

Mike

Citation2

Many Miles of Happy Motoring
3469 Posts on Old VCCA Chat

Nick Gurin, Patrick Kroeger, TonyW and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: