'37 Seat
Windshield Wiper on my '29 Sedan.
VCCA Member Projects
AZ Amando's 31' 5pass Coupe, Reading for Detailing
AZ Amando's 31' 5pass Coupe, Almost Finished
98th installment - '28 engine tear down
97th installment - '28 engine tear down
Alemite grease fitting socket
ACTIVE TOPICS | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
1929-32
Jump to new posts Re: Barrett Jackson Arizona 2018 1932 Chevy Sold $40k by Junkyard Dog @ 6 minutes 54 seconds ago

If the 1932 cabriolet had a 206 cubic inch engine then it had the wrong engine.
1912-1928
Jump to new posts Re: Speedometer 25 Superior K Sedan by CJP'S 29 @ 14 minutes 25 seconds ago

Oldsmobile(and probably a lot of cars from the same era)used the same style/type of speedometer as the '25 Chevs.
New To Chat? - Questions?
Jump to new posts Re: 1928 Driveshaft assembly by CJP'S 29 @ 17 minutes 51 seconds ago

Sent you a PM Robert.Look for the flashing envelope symbol under the "My Stuff" page heading.
1949-54
Jump to new posts Re: 1954 transmission by Chev Nut @ Today at 02:03 PM

I wonder if graphite coated string packing for a faucet would make a better seal.
1929-32
Jump to new posts Re: motor mounts by Bertus @ Today at 02:01 PM

Hi Ray: So no problem with rubber burning when bending hot tabs back?
PARTS - Wanted
Jump to new posts Re: 36 Standard Sedan vent window regulator by steve118 @ Today at 01:56 PM

Hi Chev Nut, That is right. I forgot to add I have steel doors. I saw some on ebay and I am sure they were for the wood door, they looked very different. Thank you for looking and answering, Steve
General Discussions
Jump to new posts Re: SEMA News, Review from 2017 by Solan @ Today at 01:26 PM

http://www.semasan.com/page.asp?content=sema-action-network-df-2017-winter-legislative&g=SEMAGA
General Discussions
Jump to new posts Isn't diesel expensive enough already? by Solan @ Today at 01:19 PM

https://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/201...ing-us-billions
1916-1922
Jump to new posts 490 top by 61 vert @ Today at 12:42 PM

Should a 1916 model 490 have the long grain vinyl top material? and best place to get it?
1933-36
Jump to new posts Re: Adjusting brakes on a 1933 Master by hardaground @ Today at 12:23 PM

I have an old service bulletin for ''30-32 Chevy cars from Roese & Wider that states " In the case of squealing brakes, the adjustment of the guide fingers should be checked. These fingers should provide a light tension against the web of th
1929-32
Jump to new posts Re: 1931 engine block by Ibwild @ Today at 10:15 AM

Another option is metal stitching. Do a search on the internet and a lot more info comes up. I used this method on a high compression head with outstanding results. They will sell you a kit or if preferred they can do the repair. A few machine shops
Upholstery - Interiors & Glass
Jump to new posts 1950 Chevrolet stlyeline split windshield by Cruiser @ Today at 09:57 AM

Have come by the stainless molding that installs in the windshield rubber seal for Deluxe models.Have the wiper transmission mounts out of the way,and belt molding. How difficult is it to remove and install 2 piece glass with new rubber for stainless
1955-57
Jump to new posts Re: 56-235 short shaft water pump by m006840 @ Today at 08:53 AM

I have not purchased from Mothertrucker so I can not speak from experience but seeing he is offering special pricing for VCCA members plus FREE freight I think it's a generous offer and worth patronizing. Also the fact that he promotes here is good
Upholstery - Interiors & Glass
Jump to new posts Re: Protect Original Seat Covers by Joe's 37 @ Today at 07:56 AM

Hey Rusty, joes37 here. After reading this post, on the seat covers, I was wondering how you managed to re-attach the buttons without tearing the covers?? I was going to do just what you did, but stopped everything because of the buttons. Any help wi
Body - Sheet Metal, Paint & Wood
Jump to new posts Re: Rocker panels by 41specialdeluxe @ Today at 07:37 AM

Do you mean rocker moldings? Charlie
1937-41
Jump to new posts Re: The Right Fuel Question by 41specialdeluxe @ Today at 07:34 AM

"One of the things that makes these forums so amusing to read is the abundance of opinions on highly technical subjects that the holders of those opinions have no training in" Brino, We who offer our best knowledge to an inquiry here on C
General Discussions
Jump to new posts Re: Winter Snow-Birds by 41specialdeluxe @ Today at 07:01 AM

NOtE: Do not read the following. You've been warned. So read at your own risk. My apologies in advance to all our friends across our northern border. Well, it snowed here last night. Yep. Again. It was only about an inch. Read "a dus
1933-36
The oiled mesh air cleaners work reasonably well in our environment. Not sure how well they worked in the gravel road dust clouds of the mid 30s. Apparently not too bad as many of those era cars (including the engines) survived. Their tolerance for a
Radios, Tools, Accessories
Jump to new posts Re: Radio 985100 re-cap etc **looking for by radiofixer @ Yesterday at 11:10 PM

Here ya go Joel; http://www.nostalgiaair.org/pagesbymodel/529/M0022529.pdf bill@billtheradioguy.com
1929-32
Jump to new posts Re: 1929 Chevrolet Radiator Mascot Reproductions by Junkyard Dog @ Yesterday at 09:49 PM

As always...check your Filling Station catalog. The original mascot was polished and plated.
Helpful Information & Suggestions
Jump to new posts Shipping LTL Freight Companies members had used by roara @ Yesterday at 07:39 PM

I am having a 1934 Chevy Standard frame crated and shipped 835 miles one way on the East Coast of the USA. This item would be Class 300, NMFC 191730, approximately 14 feet long x 6 feet wide and 3 feet high with the skeletal crate. It would weigh
PARTS - Wanted
Jump to new posts Re: Window regulators needed by Forever16 @ Yesterday at 07:16 PM

Got my window regulators! Thanks to vcca, have a good day and happy motoring!
1937-41
Jump to new posts Re: 38 Town Sedan rear axle came out. What now? by solafide @ Yesterday at 06:07 PM

good ideal, simple but effective. Keep you all posted. Thank you
1929-32
Jump to new posts Re: Installing a neoprene diaphragm in the fuel pump by Junkyard Dog @ Yesterday at 04:46 PM

Quote:Minor warping can be overcome with thick cork gaskets. The neoprene gaskets are often too hard to compress enough to prevent air leaks and render the pump useless. I have found the above to be true as well. When rebuilding an AC 405 fuel pump
1929-32
Jump to new posts Re: 12volt conversion by Chipper @ Yesterday at 03:42 PM

I have been running 6 volt Chevrolets from 1918 to 1951 with the 6 volt systems in tact for nearly 50 years. Only when I tried 12 volt cables and had corroded ground paths did I have problems. That includes temperatures below freezing when I drove my
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Your Status
Please login to post or reply.* * *
Send My Password
Who's Online
5 Chat Members (CJP'S 29, Chipper, 1927_Coach, AntiqueMechanic, 1 invisible), 19 Lookie Loo's and 144 Spiders or Bots online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
We speak Chevy!
Time Flys!
Since 12/16/2001
Previous Photos
Newest Chat Registration
twicetold, DaveyMac, 37MasterDeluxeMo, Robertwade, Redbuild
15083 Registered Users
VCCA Info Links
NEWBIES START HERE
CHAT HELP
Send My Password
Kill My Chat Cookies
VCCA Home
G&D Calendar
Judging
Club Regions
Join Info
Forum Stats
15083 Chat Users
79 Forums
50164 Topics
366599 Posts

Max Online: 304 @ 06/18/16 03:00 AM
See the USA
In your
Dinah says Hi!!

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.